Putting yourself out there to find a date is hard but rewarding

hillstaylor

I have recently been dating and, as many college students can understand, this is certainly hard to believe.

I keep telling myself I must remain a singleton in a sole effort to prove staying single at such a young age is really kind of perfect.

I have always been dateless and independent, yet I was perfectly content with my “situation.”

Regardless, I have entered the wonderful world of dating. And by wonderful, I mean time-consuming and confusing. It’s been completely and entirely ridiculous.

Date number one: that is, considering this counts as a date.

I roll out of bed after a long day of tailgating, feeling rough. I may or may not have thought I traveled to Finland, which turned out to be Midland. Either or, I had no idea why I had ended up there.

Upon first meeting the date, my initial thoughts were “he looks like he could be a good time.”

He was outgoing, funny, wore decent shoes but a bit too bright for my liking. Were those lip rings?

At this point, we enjoy our night, exchange numbers, and go on about our business. Weeks later, we meet up again and then blossoming relationship begins. After a few months, we go out to dinner, dancing and parties.

You know, the usual adolescent, young adult way of dating where the nightly good night calls are made. How perfect.

It was fun.

So I did it. I triumphantly had a relationship with someone who could have been everything I wanted in a successful relationship.

As a side note, I still remain single.

The point is, in college, we find ourselves constantly yearning for somebody to mesh with. Between roommates, classmates or, in my case, a potential boyfriend, finding similarities and creating relationships are not easy.

Dating is scary, but you have to make that effort and put yourself out there — even if the only outcome is another Facebook friend.

All we really want is somebody that is a guaranteed good time. An intellectual conversation, maybe, or somebody you can sing along to the radio with (on your way to Midland, perhaps) or just a good dance partner.

However, taking opportunities, such as these, laying it all out on the line and be in a semi-real relationship with somebody who feels the semi-real same way is completely acceptable.

I am now in search of another victim ... I mean ... absolutely adorable boy number two.

Any takers?