One should ignore instead of using energy to hate

As I was walking back to my apartment, I could hear someone talking loudly.

I looked around and, ahead of me, I saw a crowd forming around an individual.

The man, Michael Venyah, co-founder of Soulwinners Ministries International, was preaching and delivering this message he seemed passionate about.

It doesn’t bother me that people taunt and argue with the man who was preaching.

I understand we all have a right to our opinions and speech.

What got me was this individual confronting the man.

I wondered, listening to him, what his motive was and why did he have so much anger in his voice toward the preacher.

The spectator’s anger didn’t make sense to me because he claimed to be a Christian, too.

Though the preacher remained calm and continued his message, the other man got louder and angrier with him.

I began to see hypocrisy in Christians at that moment, especially about this Jesus they believe in.

Granted, standing in the public preaching about a loving God who is about to send the world to hell made no sense to me.

But getting angry over it makes no sense either.

These “Bull Horn” preachers are going to continue to do what they believe in.

There is nothing people can do about it. So when Christians get angry and argue publically, no one wins.

The Christians end up looking like fools, letting their anger get the best of them.

If you are a follower of Christ, then maybe you should be in the business of love and show the love for your fellow brethren.

So Christians, if you don’t like what someone is saying, there is no reason to get upset and argue back.

Don’t forget that you were called to love everyone no matter what.

The bottom line here is love.

Not hate.

And what I saw outside this sunny afternoon was hate. Which was too bad because so much love could have been shared.