Volleyball to host Bobcats Saturday on six-game losing streak

Women’s volleyball will take on the Ohio at 7 p.m. on Saturday at McGuirk Arena as part of their final home stand before the post-season.

Ohio has only lost one game in the Mid-American Conference, falling to Bowling Green its first game. Its 11-game winning streak has helped in clinching first place in the MAC.

Central Michigan (12-12) is riding a six-game losing streak, following Thursday night’s sweep by Eastern Michigan.

“It's big (coming home); we've got to put it together here against Ohio, who is playing really solid ball,” head coach Erik Olson said.

CMU’s losing streak started with a loss to Bowling Green, and followed with losses to Buffalo, Akron, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois and, most recently, EMU.

“We'll put our best foot forward in training tomorrow and see what we can do against Ohio,” Olson said. “We’ve got a big weekend after that, so our focus right now is Ohio and they're playing well. They're a lot better than Eastern (Michigan), so I think if we can find that mix of aggressiveness, while also playing inspired, that's what we're missing right now.”

The Chippewas are leading the Bobcats in overall in kills, but trailing in hitting percentage.

CMU has three conference games left in the regular season. The team will finish up its season with Ohio, Toledo and Ball State.

“It's nice to be home but it's tough to get this team going, because once we start to put something together, we're putting the stoppers on, and we can't get over the top of the mountain,” Olson said.