BRIEF: SGA Senate elections to be held Monday

sga

The Central Michigan University Student Government Association is holding elections to fill open Senator positions at 8 p.m. Monday in Anspach 157.

The Senate positions will allow students to gain leadership and communication experience through their position responsibilities, according to Macomb junior and Senate leader, Charles Mahone II.

"Each Senator will represent a different demographic and will be assigned to a particular college within CMU," Mahone said. "They will communicate the interests of this group and will also be assigned projects to assist the student body as well."

Candidates who are interested in joining the Senate are asked to prepare a one-minute speech about themselves. During the election process, they will be asked to deliver their speeches and then the House and Senate will vote.

"What we look for in Senator candidates are people that are truly committed to making CMU a better place through the avenues that the Student Government Association provides," Mahone said. "Getting members with conflicting opinions is important because we want to make sure we are representing all views of the student body."

Any questions regarding Monday's elections can be directed to SGA President Marie Reimers at reime1mm@cmich.edu