Sherrone Moore hired as CMU football tight ends coach

Louisville's Sherrone Moore has been named the new tight end coach for Central Michigan.

CMU Athletic Communications announced Friday the former Louisville tight ends coach will join the Central Michigan football staff under the same position.

“I am honored and happy to be a part of coach Enos' staff and the Central Michigan family,” Moore said in a press release. “This program has a great tradition and I look forward to helping continue to develop the talented, young student-athletes that are here and also help develop them as men.”

Moore replaces Butch Barry, who moved over to coach the offensive line as part of the football staff's off-season restructuring that began with the loss of former offensive coordinator Mike Cummings.

“Sherrone was a part of one of the top staffs in the country during his time at Louisville and I feel extremely fortunate that we were able to add him to our staff,” said head coach Dan Enos in a press release.

Moore has spent the past five seasons with the Louisville football program and the last two as the tight ends coach. He also served as a graduate assistant from 2009 to 2011.

During his time as a graduate assistant, Moore was a part of the Cardinals two bowl appearances.

“As both a coach and a player, he has great experience at both tight end and on the offensive line," Enos said. "He is a great teacher who brought out the best in his players while at Louisville.”

Moore played two seasons at Oklahoma on the offensive line, helping the Sooners win two Big 12 Championships and play in two BCS bowl games. He saw action in 14 games at offensive guard.

He came to OU from Butler County Community College, where he was a two-year starter. He helped Butler to two conference titles and a 20-3 record in two seasons, earning second team all-conference honors.