CMU's Zeta Nu chapter of Pi Sigma Epsilon retains No. 1 status in Miami

pisigmaepsilon

Central Michigan University's Zeta Nu Chapter of Pi Sigma Epsilon is still the best in the country.

Members are bringing home multiple awards and accolades after winning big this weekend at the fraternity’s national sales competition in Miami.

One of the winners, Plymouth senior and fraternity member Kristina Crilley, won first place at the Pro-Am Sell-A-Thon.

“I was so excited we won,” Crilley said. “It took me 10 minutes to get to the stage to accept the award.”

For the sell-a-thon, the fraternity was given a case two months ago with information and the product they were challenged to sell in the competition. Competitors examined what they were tasked to try to sell and worked on a sales strategy.

Four judges from the national fraternity watched and graded Crilley’s ability to sell the product in a mock sales call, competing against 300 other students from 67 other chapters of Pi Sigma Epsilon.

This is not the first time the sales fraternity has been recognized for its achievements. The CMU chapter was ranked No. 1 in the nation in January.

“To be ranked best in the nation twice in a row is unheard of,” said Tyler Wallner, chapter president and Lowell junior. “This is the strongest the chapter has ever been. For being 5 years old, going up against chapters 20 and even 80 years old, what we have accomplished is amazing.”

It didn’t matter if the team or an individual won an award – the Zeta Nu chapter treated every win as an accomplishment for the whole.

“The whole chapter is rewarded for every win,” Crilley said. “ I can take this (award) back to my chapter as something we can all be proud of.”

CMU winners

Pro-Am Sell-A-Thon:

Plymouth senior Kristina Crilley, first place

Saginaw junior Ryan Williamson, fourth place

Top Salesperson Award:

Ann Arbor senior Adam London, second place

Top Sales Project:

Romeo senior Ashley Fennell and Adam London, second place

Top Project Manager:

Plymouth senior Kristina Crilley, second place

Vector Marketing Leadership Excellence Scholarship and Presidential Award of Special Merit:

Lowell junior Tyler Wallner