Chip River Run kicks off popular race series

logo

The Chip River Run is the first race of the Michigan Half Marathon Race Series. It will take place this Saturday starting at Island Park.

This is the fourth year the Chip River Run has collaborated with the Michigan Half Marathon Race Series. Runners will be able to pick between a half marathon, 5K or 10K race.

All three races will be ran through downtown Mount Pleasant and along the trails running through the area.

Awards will be given to participants, including medals to the first 300 finishers. The winner of the half marathon will receive a pair of running shoes. The winners of the 5K and 10K races will receive free entry into a future Michigan Half Series Event.

The races are open to people of all ages with age groups beginning at 16 and under and going all the way up to 65 and over.

Participants are encouraged to bring their families. Activities will be provided throughout the race.

Registration fees are $35 for the half marathon, $30 for the 10K and $25 for the 5K. The half marathon begins at 9 a.m., followed by the 5K and 10K at 9:15 a.m. The awards ceremony will be held at 11:30 a.m.

Those wishing to participate can sign up at https://runsignup.com/Race/MI/MtPleasant/ChipRiverRunHalf10k5k.