Multiple CMU administration positions still vacant,

vacant_positions_md_01

Many important positions within various colleges, remain vacant. (Photo Illustration by Meagan Dullack | Photo Editor)

Several high-ranking positions at Central Michigan University still remain open, though there has been progress on a few of the searches.

The positions for Director of Integrated Marketing, Director of the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching, Dean of the College of Medicine and Dean of the College of Communication and Fine Arts still remain empty at the start of the 2014 fall semester.

One has been filled, the First Year Experience Coordinator. The position and its duties were not filled by a person but by various CMU employees managing the jobs duties.

“It is more accurate to say that the duties of the Director of the First Year Experience were assumed by other current employees,” said Interim Vice Provost Claudia Douglass said in an email response.

Since the resignation of founding dean of the College of Medicine Ernest Yoder in June 2014, the position has remained unfilled.

University Communications Director Steven Smith said a search committee for the new CMED dean has been assembled, and the university is still taking applications.

Head of the committee, College of Science and Technology Dean Ian Davison, was unable to be reached for comment regarding the status of the search.

The College of Communication and Fine Arts' previous Dean, Salma Ghanem, left CMU after five years of service in July to be DePaul University’s dean for its College of Communication in Chicago.

Finding someone to fill the position is still in the beginning process as a search committee is still being formed.

The search for a Director of Integrated Marketing has shown the most progress as the application process has been closed and candidates have been selected and are now in the interview process.

Smith said several candidates have been chosen but was unable to say exactly how many.

The position for Director of the Faculty Center for Innovative Teaching, who oversees the development of new teaching methods with new technology and educates professors on how best to use them, was posted Aug. 1 and is still accepting applications.

Check back with cm-life.com for more on this story.