Fagan is Second Team All-American

main_fagan1

Commerce senior Kylie Fagan salutes after finishing her bar routine during a meet March 15 at Western Michigan University.

Senior gymnast Kylie Fagan has been named a Second Team All-American Selection by the National Association of Collegiate Gymnastics Coaches.

Fagan is the first All-American gymnast from Central Michigan University.

“I was in shock,” Fagan said. “Especially since it’s the first one this school has ever had.”

Fagan finishing the regular season ranked No. 9 in the nation on uneven bars notching a first-place finish on bars nine times. She scored five 9.9s and two 9.925s during her senior season bringing her average to 9.890.

Fagan and her five fellow seniors are leading CMU to the NCAA Regional Championship on Saturday.

“I feel pride in myself and that I am able to help the team out on bars,” Fagan said.

Fagan is still searching for the elusive perfect 10. In her senior night meet after her bars routine, the crowd roared with chants of “10, 10, 10.”

“It’s quite an honor,” Head Coach Jerry Reighard said. “She has done a great job and we can’t wait to put up her banner in (McGuirk Arena).”

Fagan found herself a single spot away from making the First Team All-American squad missing out by .05 on her regional qualifying score.

The Commerce native maintains a 3.7 GPA in her Early Childhood Development major.