Entrepreneurs are ready for the second year of Food Truck Friday

foodcart-wattles
The second ever Food Truck Friday event at the Central Michigan University Research Corporation melds France with America, and hot with cold. While 11-year-old Kyle Ferden, center, got a soft pretzel from the Weiner Wagon, his sister Liz, 14, left, bought a nutella crepe from the Crepe Cart. ( Taryn Wattles | Staff Photographer )

Central Michigan University Research Corporation, an on-campus organization devoted to helping small businesses, will host "Food Truck Friday," for the second year on Friday from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in CMURC parking lot. 

The event was started last year by CMURC to help entrepreneurs launch and network their business' with the community. Elissa Richmond-Gagne, marketing and public relations director for CMURC, said Food Truck Friday was successful last year and should be this year as well. 

"We started this last year when one entrepreneur came to us for help marketing his food truck idea," Gange said. "We decided to set up in our parking lot and a week or two in we got a lot of attention from the community and the media."

CMURC has a list of potential food trucks that will be there Friday, so far the only confirmed truck is Killer Hibachi of Mount Pleasant. 

Last year Jose Pig Gig took part in Food Truck Friday. Jose Castillo said the food truck will not be present Friday but the truck plans to make it to future Food Truck Friday events. 

"When our new food truck is ready to be presented we will make sure to come by," Castillo said. "We're very excited to unveil it."

For entrepreneur and Yooper Dog food truck founder Michelle Alexander this is their first time participating in Food Truck Friday. 

"My husband's two sons go to CMU and we tend to spend a lot of time here because I am from Mount Pleasant," Alexander said. "I found out about it through Jose Pig Gig and I thought it would be so great to bring the truck down from the UP and make a weekend out of it."