Greer re-charged with three felonies

img_0321_1

Brandon Greer, defensive back for the Chippewas, is housed at the Isabella County Jail.

Isabella County Prosecutor Risa Hunt-Scully charged Brandon Greer, 21, with three more felonies Aug. 4.

Greer's two felony charges were dismissed last week after the former Central Michigan University defensive back had been in jail for 21 days. Hunt-Scully charged Greer with assault with intent to commit sexual penetration, a 10-year felony, criminal sexual conduct-second degree assault, a five-year felony, and attempted unlawful imprisonment, a five-year felony. Greer was also charged with lying to a peace officer, a two-year misdemeanor. He is currently held at the Isabella County Jail.

On July 31, Chief Judge Paul Chamberlain dismissed attempted kidnapping and assault with intent to commit sexual conduct charges against Greer. Hunt-Scully said Greer could be re-charged if new information was found. The new charges are based on a statement from a woman who said she was approached by Greer in June while walking down Mission Street.

Police have statements from seven women alleging to have been approached by Greer.

• The first came from a woman walking her dog near Crapo and Preston streets on July 8. The woman said Greer told her to sit in his car, which was a small silver Pontiac. She said Greer attempted to pull her toward the car, grabbing her arm and making a sexual comment to her. The woman said Greer was wearing a gray hoodie and black pants. This woman later identified Greer in a photo lineup. Greer told police he did interact with this woman, and may have shaken her hand aggressively.
  • On July 9, a different woman told police a small silver Pontiac drove by numerous times when she was walking her dog at Bluegrass Apartments. The woman described the driver as a black man wearing a gray hoodie. Later, officers stopped a man fitting the description, who was identified as Greer. He was wearing a gray hoodie and black pants.
  • While investigating, police found a report from 2012 that identified Greer as a person suspected of approaching a woman and grabbing her arm. A woman reported she did not know Greer and was walking home from Wayside Central when he approached her. Greer told Central Michigan University police officers he wanted to "get her attention."
  • On July 9, a woman reported that on June 27, a black man in his 20s approached her at Firehouse Car Wash, asking for directions. She said the man was driving a silver Grand Prix. The man asked her to get in the car, she told police, and made a sexual comment to her. This woman described the interior of the car as having pink zebra-striped interior. Sergeant Sarah Cuthbertson of Mount Pleasant Police Department observed that the car driven by Greer had pink zebra stripes inside.
  • On July 10, at Park Place Apartments, a woman reported being approached by a tall black man in his 20s, who introduced himself as Brandon. The woman told police the man asked for directions and moved closer to her, asking questions about who she lives with. She said she felt as if she was being pushed against a car while the man was talking to her.
  • On July 16, another woman reported that on July 2, she was walking on Preston Street when she was approached by a silver mid-sized car. She told police the driver was a black man, who asked her for directions. The woman said the man prompted her to get in the car. He also asked if he could be her boyfriend. The same day, another woman reported being approached by a black man in mid-June near Canterbury Trail. She said the man was driving a gray Pontiac. She said the man parked his car in a way that didn't allow her to pass as he asked if he could walk with her.
  • On July 6, a woman was waiting for a bus on Maple Street when she said a gray Pontiac Grand Am approached her. She said the driver was a black man who asked her for directions. She said the man yelled at her to get in his car, referencing having a gun. When she ran away, she told police the man said he would find her again. When she was later shown photos of Greer's car, she identified it as the same one that approached her.

Greer told police he was at a movie from noon until 6 p.m. on July 8. He said he was at a friend's apartment until 11 p.m., then at his girlfriend's. His friend told police Greer left his apartment at 4:30 p.m. Greer's girlfriend said she did not see Greer between noon and midnight that day. She said Greer texted her saying he was home at 10 or 11 p.m.

About Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith is a super-senior at Central Michigan University. She comes from metro Detroit ...

View Posts by Sydney Smith →