Police Log: April 4-10

police

April 10

A 20-year-old man found his car vandalized in the parking lot outside the Student Activity Center. The owner parked around 9:45 p.m. and returned an hour later to find it covered in yellow nail polish, hair conditioner and scratches. Central Michigan University police were unable to identify the suspect because it was too dark for security cameras to capture a clear image. 

Staff in Carey Hall called police after detecting the odor of marijuana. Police found three 18-year-old men with four grams of marijuana between them, along with just over a quarter-gram of marijuana wax and various drug paraphernalia. The suspects were issued criminal citations for possession. The incident was forwarded to the Isabella County Prosecutor's Office. 

An 18-year-old woman in Beddow Hall told police several items of clothing with a total value of $97 had been missing since September. After the woman confronted her roommate, several of the items reappeared, some of them damaged. The victim chose not to press for a criminal follow-up investigation.

April 9

A 24-year-old man reported the battery of his 2008 Jeep Wrangler was stolen at Northwest Apartments. No suspect was identified. 

April 6

A 54-year-old Mount Pleasant woman reported her taxes had been fraudulently filed. The woman discovered the fraud while trying to file her own taxes. 

A 20-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested after stealing $150 from a cab driver.

A 45-year-old Mount Pleasant woman reported her taxes were filed fraudulently after attempting to file her taxes and discovering someone had already done so.

A 36-year-old Buena Vista man was lodged for driving with a suspended license near the intersection of Mission and Bellows streets. The man was pulled over around 2 a.m. for driving without his lights on.

A 20-year-old Waterford woman was lodged for driving while intoxicated after police stopped her for making wide turns and swerving in the lane near the intersection of West Campus Drive and Broomfield Street..

April 5 

A 19-year-old Byron Center man was pulled over and lodged for improper lane use and possession of marijuana near the intersection of Broomfield Street and East Campus Drive. The officer detected the odor of marijuana and discovered two grams of the drug in the car.  .

April 4

Police were called after a non-aggravated assault was reported at North Harris Street. An argument broke out between a 23-year-old woman and a 28 year-old man over a dog in the park. The woman claimed the man elbowed her in the neck, and that she kicked him in response. The incident was forwarded to the county prosecutor.

A relative humidity temperature data logger with an estimated value of $100 was stolen from the Grawn Hall back in March. No suspects have been identified.