Food Truck Friday pits Pizza Baker against John Reynolds, Caterer in "Pizza Edition"

foodcart-wattles
The second ever Food Truck Friday event at the Central Michigan University Research Corporation melds France with America, and hot with cold. While 11-year-old Kyle Ferden, center, got a soft pretzel from the Weiner Wagon, his sister Liz, 14, left, bought a nutella crepe from the Crepe Cart. ( Taryn Wattles | Staff Photographer )

Pizza Baker and John Reynolds, Caterer will compete for the best wood fired pizza at Central Michigan University's weekly Food Truck Friday on June 17.

Each week, two food trucks are invited to compete, with one food truck being voted the champion. The winner will be invited back to defend its title against other winners at the end of the 2016 season.

Four other confirmed food trucks will be at the event: Los Jalapenos, Killer Hibachi, Killer Griller and Up Dog. The friendly competition will be held every Friday between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m at the CMURC at 2625 Denison Drive.

Los Jalapenos was named the first champion of the season and The Gourmet Cupcake Shoppe crowned the second week.

Credit is an accepted payment, but CMURC suggests bringing cash.

CMURC is a nonprofit business incubator focused on advancing economic development in the community by leveraging the resources of Central Michigan University, the Mount Pleasant SmartZone and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation’s 21st Century Jobs Trust Fund.

For more information, contact Elissa Richmond-Gagne, CMURC director of operations, at (989) 954-8141 or email cmurc@cmurc.com.