SGA to host voter registration drive with mobile Secretary of State

Members of the Student Government Association are partnering with political science professors to create a mobile Secretary of State unit to register students on-campus to vote.

The drive is scheduled to take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday in front of the Bovee University Center.

Students must bring a driver's license to be eligible to fill out voter registration forms. People must be registered to vote by Oct. 11 to be able to vote. For many students not already registered, this could be their last chance to register before Nov. 8.

Bringing the mobile Secretary of State voting registration unit was one of the platforms SGA President Ian Elliott ran on during the election last year. 

This student-focused registration drive follows a voter registration drive and educational talk hosted by U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow, (D-MI), who came to campus Saturday, Sept. 10 to encourage students to vote for Hillary Clinton in November.

On voting day, the only requirements a person must meet to be able to cast a ballot is being at least 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen, a resident of the township they are registered to vote in and not be incarcerated during their time of voting.

For more information on registering to vote, visit the Secretary of State's website.

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →