Women's basketball finishes Cal Poly Tournament 2-0

Closing the Cal Poly Tournament 2-0 Saturday, the Central Michigan women's basketball team heads back to Mount Pleasant after a 77-55 victory over North Dakota State in San Luis Obispo, California.

Four players scored in double-digits for the Chippewas, something Head Coach Sue Guevara said she would like to see continue throughout the rest of the season.

"I really liked the fact that we were able to score inside the paint," she said. "I liked that we had four kids finishing in double figures and that we shot 40 percent from the three."

Junior forward Tinara Moore led CMU in scoring with 20 points while sophomore forward Reyna Frost added 18 and finished with a team-high 15 rebounds.

Senior forward Jewel Cotton added 12 points and six boards for the Chippewas. Sophomore guard Presley Hudson scored 11 points and finished with a team-high of 12 assists.

"One thing we always talk about is consistency," Guevara said. "I would like to see consistency in both our defense and with our shooters."

CMU shot 54 percent in field goals and 40 percent in 3-pointers.

The Chippewas (4-2) will return to action Thursday, Dec. 1 for a non-conference game against Loyola at noon at McGuirk Arena.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →