Alpha Chi Omega to host "Donut Let Love Hurt" philanthropy week

In efforts to raise awareness about domestic violence, Alpha Chi Omega is hosting several events for “Donut Let Love Hurt” philanthropy week from Monday March 20 through Thursday March 23. 

Clinton Township junior Hannah Bastian, Alpha Chi Omega's vice president of philanthropy, said their goal is to raise $2,500, which will be donated to the Isabella County Women's Aid Shelter.

"(The Women’s Aid Shelter) is local and is widely impacted by domestic violence, and thus teams up with Alpha Chi Omega frequently to help raise awareness for such a pressing issue," Bastian said.

During its philanthropy week last year, Alpha Chi Omega was able to raise $2,005 for the Women’s shelter and the Children and Family Enrichment Council.

Throughout the week, the Greek organizations paired for Greek Week will compete against each other to also potentially win $100 for their respective charity or foundation.

Monday will kick off the events of the week with a house decorating contest for members of the CMU Greek community. Final décor of the houses will be due by 5 p.m.

Later on Monday there will be a "Cocoa and Consent" panel from 6 to 7:15 p.m. in the Bovee University Center Chippewa, Maroon and Gold Rooms. The panel will focus on educating students on the definition of consent, while providing catered beverages for attendees.

There will be a Photo Hunt from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on March 21. Alpha Chi Omega members will be checking the hashtag #AXOsupportsDVA and tags to @axo_cmich throughout the day to collect entries.

The sorority will host two Spaghetti Dinners from 5 to 8 p.m. on March 21 and 22 at 916 S. Main St. — the Alpha Chi Omega house. The second dinner, on Wednesday, will also feature a donut eating contest, which will begin at 7:45 p.m.

The week will end with the “Volley Against Violence” game at 7:30 p.m. March 23 at Morey Courts. The volleyball game is a new addition to Alpha Chi Omega’s philanthropy week, and will feature Greek Week pairs competing in a single-bracket elimination tournament.

The event is free and open to the public, but donations will be encouraged and accepted.