Rapid Reaction: Missouri State 12, Central Michigan 1

jab_5626
Infielder/outfielder Alex Borglin checks his swing agains Missouri State on Mar. 24 at Theunissen Stadium. Josh Barnhart | Staff Photographer

The Central Michigan baseball team dropped its home opener to Missouri State, 12-1 in the first game of a doubleheader Friday.

Sophomore pitcher Dazon Cole got the start in Game 1. He pitched the first five innings, surrendering five runs on six hits. The Pontiac, Michigan native struck out three of the 25 batters he faced.

Freshman Cam Brown replaced Cole in the sixth inning. In one full inning, Brown gave up two runs on six hits. 

In the seventh inning, junior Braxton Markle came in for Brown. He allowed four runs on five hits. Markle faced 10 batters and recorded one strikeout. 

For the last pitching change, sophomore Jack Collins replaced Markle in the middle go the eighth inning. He faced six batters and recorded two strikeouts, allowing one hit.

CMU recorded six hits in nine innings, while Missouri State recorded 18 hits. CMU's one score came from senior Alex Borglin's double to left field, scoring runner sophomore Ty Rollin in the bottom of the seventh inning.

The second game of the double header is scheduled to start at 4:05 p.m. The Chippewas will finish the three-game series against Missouri State at 2:05 p.m. on Saturday.