Up All Night to offer free activites in Student Activity Center

up_all_night
Mikayla Carter | Freelance Photographer

The Office of Student Activities and Involvement will host its annual Up All Night event from 11 p.m. Saturday, March 25 to 3 a.m. Sunday, March 26 in the Student Activity Center.

The event was created for students to take a break mid-semester to have a fun and safe night out. Admission is free for Central Michigan University students and $5 at the door for non-CMU students.

Activities at the event include will include a Pinterest station, a photo booth, a live disc jockey, pingpong, Henna tattoos and glow bowling.

Food will be provided throughout the night by restaurants including Pizza Hut, Texas Roadhouse, Insomnia Cookies, Little Caesars Pizza and Biggby Coffee. Free T-shirts will be given to the first 1,000 participants.

The Office of Student Activities and Involvement has hosted Up All Night since 2007. This year the event has added new entertainment, novelty items and a Program Board scavenger hunt, said Allison Tobey, the administrative co-chair for the event.

Tobey served as the marketing chair for Up All Night last year, but the Battle Creek junior wanted to further her involvement with the Office of Student Activities and Involvement.

“Up All Night offers a unique experience apart from the other events the (Office of Student Activities and Involvement) helps put on, and I wanted to be a part of that,” Tobey said.

Tobey said other entertainment options include inflatables, a virtual reality machine, dance and A Cappella performances.

“I think this event benefits students because it gives them a chance to have fun, hangout with friends, and can also help them feel better connected to the CMU community,” Tobey said.