Theater professor writes and stars in one-man play


unnamed


Steve Berglund, theater professor and director of the University Theatre at Central Michigan University, used his sabbatical in Fall 2016 to write his own play.

“Man,” a one-man show featuring a man sharing his memories and expectation from the past, will be performed at 7:30 p.m. on April 6-7 in the Theatre-On-The-Side in Moore Hall.

Admission is free and open to the public, but seating in the venue is limited.

The comedy tells stories personal to Berglund’s life, depicting his journey to figure out whether he has met society’s vision regarding what it means to be a man.

Berglund wrote “Man,” and will star in the production as the single actor. Judy Price, a theater professor, directed the show.

Berglund said he felt inspired to write the play because it reflects his life philosophy.

“I used to tell my classes that people spend about 10 percent of their lives just doing things,” Berglund said. “They spend the other 90 percent of their lives telling stories about the things that they’ve done.” 



Comments powered by Disqus

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in Central Michigan Life.