Memorial walk for Delaney Bush to take place on Sept. 16

delaney-bush

Delaney Bush, left, stands with Mallary Wacker, right, whom she worked for as a lab researcher.

To honor Otsego sophomore Delaney Bush, three separate memorial events are scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 16 around campus. 

Bush died unexpectedly in her sleep July 19. The cause of death has not been determined, though the medical examiner is looking at the possibility of neurological issues, said a relative.

A 1.5-mile walk around campus begins at 11 a.m. Saturday, starting at room 1015 in the Biosciences building. It will go through campus and down Franklin Street, turn west on Bellows Street, south on Washington and conclude in front of the Biosciences building. Refreshments will be served after the walk. 

A mass will take place at 3 p.m. by Father T.J. Fleming at St. Mary's University Parish. An informal gathering where attendees can share memories they have of Bush will take place after mass in the evening in Larzelere Hall. 

Bush studied biology at Central Michigan University, working as a supplemental instructor for the department and as a researcher in a laboratory. She was also an active and passionate runner.

Donations can be made to the Delaney M. Bush Memorial Scholarship Fund. The scholarship is a $1,000 renewable grant for graduates of Otsego High School looking to study in the field of science in college.