Football jersey taken from mannequin, marijuana confiscations headline weekly crime log

35969_29458_policept

The following incidents were handled by the Mount Pleasant Police Department and the Central Michigan University Police Department from Oct. 15-22.

Oct. 22 

An 18-year-old man was cited for minor in possession of alcohol after officers determined he was intoxicated in Lot 2 around 1:45 a.m., said Lt. Cameron Wassman of the CMUPD.

Oct. 21 

Officers responded to a suspicious situation after the Robinson Hall director received an anonymous phone call claiming that a resident was selling drugs around 5:30 p.m. CMUPD attempted to match descriptions from the call with a person but failed to do so, Wassman said.

Officers lodged a 22-year-old Mount Pleasant woman for disorderly conduct and marijuana possession. The woman was highly intoxicated and upon patting her down, police found one gram of marijuana, said MPPD Officer Jeff Browne. It took place at Michigan and Mission streets.

Oct. 20

A 19-year-old woman was referred to the Office of Student Conduct after officers confiscated 52 grams of marijuana from her Northwest Apartments room around 5:30 p.m. The woman was not criminally charged because she holds a medical marijuana card, Wassman said.

A 14-year-old was cited for minor in possession and the report was turned over to the Isabella County Prosecutor's Office. Police were dispatched to the 500 block of S. Bradley Street, Browne said. There were juveniles and a father of a juvenile present. The juveniles were drinking and one was highly intoxicated. The juvenile was taken to the hospital while the others were taken to the MPPD and released to their respective parents.

Oct. 18

An 18-year-old woman was transported to McLaren Central Michigan after she fell on a sidewalk north of the Bovee University Center around 8:45 p.m., Wassman said.

Oct. 17 

An 18-year-old woman was referred to the Office of Student Conduct after officers confiscated slightly more than one gram of marijuana from Emmons Hall, Wassman said.

Two 18-year-old men were referred to the Office of Student Conduct after officers confiscated 74 grams of marijuana, 38 vials of THC wax and a small amount of edibles around 3:30 p.m. at a Saxe Hall dorm room. The man possessing the contraband was not criminally charged because he has a medical marijuana card, Wassman said. However, having marijuana on campus is a violation of CMU policy.

Oct. 16 

A football jersey valued at $375 was stolen from a mannequin at the Indoor Athletic Complex. The theft is believed to have occurred Saturday, Oct. 21, Wassman said. No suspects have been identified.

A 21-year-old woman was cited for possession and use of marijuana around 11 p.m. outside Northwest Apartments. Officers were patrolling the area on foot when they approached a suspicious vehicle and determined the woman was smoking THC wax, Wassman said. They confiscated one gram of wax and paraphernalia. 

A 26-year-old Mount Pleasant woman was arrested for operating while intoxicated at Main and High streets. Police stopped the vehicle for not coming to a complete stop and traveling at 38 miles per hour in a 25 mile-per-hour zone, Browne said. The driver admitted to drinking and had a blood alcohol content of 0.13 following a preliminary breath test.

Officers investigated a retail fraud at the Citgo gas station on Pickard Road. Officers were dispatched to the scene 45 minutes after the incident took place, Browne said. There was about $10 worth of items taken, including band-aids and cold medicine. Police identified a suspect, a 30-year-old Mount Pleasant woman, offered to pay for the items. She did not confirm nor deny taking the items but offered to pay for them. A report was forwarded to the Isabella County Prosecutor's Office for charges, Browne said.

Oct. 15

A 25-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for disorderly conduct at the 1000 block of East Crosslanes Street. The highly intoxicated subject was wandering through lawns, yelling and pounding on a door trying to gain entry, Browne said. The man produced a blood alcohol content of 0.295 through a preliminary breath test.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →