SAPA hosts events to raise awareness during Domestic Violence Awareness Month

19293_logot

To raise awareness about domestic and intimate partner violence, Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates (SAPA) will host various events in honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

Events include a Zumbathon, a domestic and intimate partner violence awareness program and self-care yoga.

SAPA’s Zumbathon is scheduled for 3 p.m. Friday, Oct. 20 in the MAC Rooms of the Student Activity Center. Multiple Zumba instructors will lead workouts during the three-hour session. The event is Halloween-themed and costumes are encouraged. Free food, a costume contest and a silent auction are highlights of the event. The event aims to raise awareness of sexual aggression.

An educational program about domestic violence is scheduled for 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 24 in Anspach Hall room 162. The program will cover topics like resources for survivors of domestic violence and supporting people in intimate partner violence relationships.

Self-care yoga is scheduled for 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 26 in Kulhavi Hall room 145. 

SAPA provides confidential support to individuals affected by sexual assault, harassment and intimate partner violence. SAPA operates a confidential 24-hour crisis line: 989-774-2255 and an online crisis chat at sapa.cmich.edu