Six volleyball athletes named to Academic All-MAC Team

dsc-0226

The CMU Chippewas celebrate the senior players and their win against Western at the CMU Volleyball game against Western Michigan on Nov. 4 at McGuirk Arena. 

The Mid-American Conference named its All-Academic team for the 2017 Volleyball season Friday morning, naming six Central Michigan players to the 75-member squad.

Seniors Paige Carey, Courtney Hilitbran, and Taylor Robertson each made their third career Academic All-MAC team. 

Carey earned the honor with a 3.7 GPA in Law and Economics, while Hilitbran earned a 3.45 GPA in Broadcast and Cinematic Arts.

Robertson managed a 3.3 GPA while pursuing her Masters of Science in Exercise Physiology. 

Junior Emily Wenglikowski made the Academic team for the second time while at CMU. She holds a 3.51 GPA in Marketing/Professional Sales.

Sophomores Jayla Wesley and Megan Kern made their first appearance on the Academic All-MAC squad. 

Wesley’s holds a 3.85 GPA in Mechanical Engineering. Kern has a 4.0 GPA in Biology/Pre-Med.

Bowling Green, Miami (Ohio), and Toledo have a conference-high eight players named to the Academic team.

CMU Volleyball finished the 2017 season with a 15-14 record and appeared in the MAC Tournament for the first time since 2012.