Police say man threatened machete-holding roommate with pipe wrench

35969_29458_policept

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department and Mount Pleasant Police Department from Jan. 13-18.

Jan. 18

• Allan Epperson, a 33-year-old Mount Pleasant man, was arrested for charges of domestic violence and strangulation, which is a 10-year felony. Officer Jeff Browne of the Mount Pleasant Police Department said officers were dispatched to the 300 block of South Anna Street around 4 a.m. Browne said Epperson told police he was ready to go to jail and admitted to putting his hands on his wife and choking her. A 33-year-old Mount Pleasant woman told police she was choked and slammed against the wall and felt as if she was going to faint, Browne said. She had red marks on her neck. Police say they have no reason why it occurred.

Jan. 17

• A 26-year-old Marion man and a 22-year-old Cadillac man were each arrested for disorderly conduct — fighting in public outside of Wayside Central around 2 a.m. The 22-year-old had a blood alcohol level of 0.09 percent, Browne said, while the 26-year-old was 0.15 percent. During this time, a 21-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for disorderly conduct for trying to reenter the establishment. He began yelling and cursing and refusing to leave after he was told to go, Browne said. He had a blood alcohol level of 0.17 percent.

Jan. 16

• CMUPD investigated a “suspicious situation” involving a text message at 4:30 p.m. Lt. Cameron Wassman said a 19-year-old woman received a text with its content along the lines of “I know everything about you and every place you go.” After police tracked the phone number, the woman told police she had previous issues with the sender of the text. Wassman said the sender of the text stalked the woman’s family member in another state. Police told the sender of the text to “knock it off,” Wassman said. No criminal charges were filed. 

Jan. 15

• Eric Arnold, a 19-year-old Mount Clemens man, was arrested for possession of marijuana and smuggling contraband into a jail. After his vehicle was stopped for an equipment violation, Arnold admitted to having marijuana and smoking it, Browne said. There were 1.5 grams of marijuana found. When police transported Arnold to the Isabella County Jail, Browne said Arnold had 3.5 grams of marijuana in his sock.
  • Adam Bourland, a 21-year-old Mount Pleasant man, was arrested for a probation violation and possession of cocaine. A driver was pulled over for speeding, Browne said, around 11 p.m. on the 900 block of North Adams Street. After a traffic stop, police found less than a gram of cocaine in his possession. 
  • A 28-year-old man reported a property damage complaint to CMUPD at 1:30 p.m. Wassman said there was a smashed pumpkin on his vehicle in lot 50, which is located between Emmons and Saxe halls. There was small scratch and no suspects, Wassman said.
  • A 23-year-old Ypsilanti man was arrested for operating while intoxicated around 2:30 a.m. Police observed a vehicle that struck a curb on Broomfield Road near Mission Street, Browne said. The driver said he didn’t realize he hit the curb but admitted to drinking. The man had a blood alcohol level of 0.11 percent.

Jan. 14

• Brett Coleman, a 29-year-old Mount Pleasant man, was arrested for felonious assault against a 55-year-old Mount Pleasant man. This took place around 10 p.m. on the 1500 block of Portabella Trail. Coleman threatened his roommate with a pipe wrench if he didn’t let him use his phone, Browne said. The 55-year-old grabbed a machete in a sheath and told him to get out of his room, Browne said. After Coleman left, the roommate locked his door and called police, Browne said. When officers arrived, the machete was still in the sheath but police say Coleman had the pipe wrench.

Jan. 13

• A 48-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for charges including domestic violence and possession of marijuana. The incident took place around 8 p.m. on the 900 block of West Michigan Street. Browne said the man threw a fountain drink at his 18-year-old daughter and flipped over the couch she was sitting on after he learned that his daughter crashed his car. The daughter fell into an entertainment center and cut herself, Browne said. He added that alcohol was a nonfactor. The incident was turned over to the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal Court.    
  • A 20-year-old Mount Pleasant man was arrested for aggravated assault and simple assault. Browne said the man was at Wayside Central around 1 a.m. Browne said the man bumped into a woman and started throwing punches. A 20-year-old woman, a 19-year-old woman, a 22-year-old woman and an 18-year-old woman — all from Midland — suffered injuries.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →