Track and Field sweep field events in Jack Skoog Invitational

track-and-field-2018-3590

Freshman Pole Vaulter Michaela Peramaki prepares to vault on Jan. 21 at the Jack Skoog Indoor Track and Field Complex. 

The Jack Skoog Indoor Track played home to Central Michigan Indoor Track and Field's lone home event for the 2018 season on Jan. 12, finishing first in all field events.  

CMU hosted Detroit Mercy, Oakland, Alma and Davenport. The Chippewas dominated the Division I field with first place finishes in every field event on both mens and women's teams.  

Sophomore's Logan Targgart and Marissa Dunn each took first place in weight throw, throwing 17.23 and 15.76 meters respectively. Freshman Ryan Taylor and sophomore Nadia Williams took first in long jump with distances of 7.05 meters for Taylor and 6.09 for Williams. Taylor beat out Oakland's Zachary Stadnika by .15m.  

CMU stayed hot in field events with first place finishes in pole vault. Sophomore Isaac Sadzewicz cleared 4.95 meters. CMU freshmen Michaela Peramaki and Kasey Staley would finish in a first place tie with Oakland's Dana Tessmer, each unable to vault 3.5 meters.  

Senior Kevin Weiler and sophomore Erin Howard each finished first in shot put by large margins, throwing 17.14 and 15.19 meters respectively.   

The high jump saw the Chippewas continue their dominance at home with first place finishes by junior's Aaron Taylor and Calli Stemple. Taylor finished with a jump of 2.00 meters, while Stemple finished at 1.64 meters.  

CMU finished off field event with wins in the triple jump from freshmen Ryan Taylor and Allison Wilder. Taylor won with a jump of 14.35 and Wilder won with a jump of 12.54.  

Running events, however, saw stiff competition from Oakland. The Grizzlies claimed 4 first place finishes on the mens side and 5 on the women's. 

The mens and women's teams earned first place finishes in the 60 meter dash and 200 meter run. The men's team would claim a first place finish in the 800 meter run.  

CMU Indoor Track and Field returns to action on Friday, Jan. 19 at 2:30 p.m. for the Saginaw Valley State University Doug Hansen Open.