Jesse McCartney chosen artist for spring semester concert

jesse-official-11-x17-page-001

Actor and former member of the band Dream Street Jesse McCartney was named as the performer for Program Board’s spring concert at an official reveal party on Jan. 8.

McCartney will perform 8 p.m. March 22 in Finch Fieldhouse.

Tickets for the show will go on sale Jan. 22. Prices will be $15 for students and $25 for the public, with a VIP meet-and-greet available for an additional $40.

The concert will be part of McCartney’s nationwide college tour that started February 2017. The performance will be mostly acoustic featuring McCartney with another performer onstage playing guitar.

The band Public will be opening for McCartney. Program Board Concert Director Grace Pawluszka said Public is a “very good, high-energy band” reminiscent of the band St. Motel.

Pawluszka said the idea to bring McCartney to Central Michigan University came to her after she had attended an annual conference held by the National Association for Campus Activities.

"I had heard about his college tour, and a couple of people had actually mentioned him to me, so as I was searching (for a performer), he was in the back of my mind," Pawluszka said. "I talked to some agents at (NACA) and they said he has been doing really well on his tour, and everybody has been enjoying (the tour). We looked into it, and it all ended up working out."