The Dreamer Coffee Shop to host Save the Dreamer event Jan. 18

The Dreamer Coffee Shop on the night of Jan. 16, 2018.

The Dreamer Coffee Shop will be hosting a promotional event titled "Save the Dreamer" from 7 p.m. to midnight on Jan. 18. 

The event is meant to support the business and let customers know it will not going away anytime soon.

After experiencing financial issues, The Dreamer's management team decided to put on the event to bring staff and customers together to help keep the business operating and serving customers.

The event itself will feature exclusive t-shirts for sale, a free drink with a purchase of a t-shirt, raffles to win gift bags donated by Heirloom Coffee and a bake sale with profits being donated to the shop.

For entertainment, Mount Pleasant-based bands Pineapple Psychology and Pining will be playing live music starting at 8 p.m. 

The goal of the event is to to bring people together as a community and support the shop in a similar way to what happened with Kaya Coffee House, said barista Evan Jordan.

“I think the important thing is to rally,” said barista Evan Jordan. “There was a community behind Kaya and customers started petitions and people who weren’t even in the Mount Pleasant area preached how important Kaya was to them."

The Dreamer will be accepting donations during the event and created a GoFundMe campaign titled “Save The Dreamer” to take donations.

In regards to the future of The Dreamer, Carpenter said the demand for the space to be a part of the Mount Pleasant community will be a big reason why they will stay in business.

“A good team of people who care about a common goal can make it work,” Carpenter said. “With my barista team and the amazing people who come into the shop, we can gather together to keep something that we love alive and well.”