Former CMU instructor announces candidacy for Isabella County probate judge

stuart-black
Stuart Black poses for a photo.

Former Central Michigan University instructor Stuart Black has announced his intention to run for Isabella County probate judge.

Black, who has been the senior assistant prosecutor for Isabella County for 10 years, announced his candidacy on Feb. 20 in a press release.

According to the release, Black is focusing on mental health in his run for probate judge. 

"His candidacy is based on his commitment to serve as an advocate for children, families and individuals with mental health needs,” the release stated.

A top priority for Black is to create a Mental Health Court in Isabella County, according to the release.

"A Mental Health Court would contribute to fewer repeat offenders and, in the long run, would save the county money," the release stated. "Black has already taken steps to initiate a plan for a Mental Health Court based on models of other counties in Michigan."

Black graduated from University of Toronto in 1999 with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and graduated from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School in 2006. He has taught classes at Central Michigan University, including regulatory law and legal environment business of law. 

Black is married to Carlin Borsheim-Black, an English Language and Literature faculty member at CMU. They have two sons, Marcus and Miles. 

About Emma Dale

Editor-in-Chief Emma Dale is a junior from Grand Haven double majoring in journalism and political ...

View Posts by Emma Dale →