Man urinates on chip display at Shell gas station, hit and run in Jamestown Apartments parking lot

35969_29458_policept

A man faces three possible charges after urinating on a chip display just after 2 a.m. on March 16, at the Shell gas station on the corner of High Street and Mission Street in Mount Pleasant, police say.

Video surveillance shows the man walking around the back part of the convenience store, where he stops in front of a chip display, unzips his pants and appears to urinate. While doing so, he casually inspected the chip bags in front of him. 

Another man appears to laugh at the suspect, but took no part in the incident.

The cashier on duty did not interact with the man at the time, having no legal obligation to do so, said Public Information Officer for the Mount Pleasant Police Department, Jeff Browne. The incident was reported to the manager, who called the MPPD to pursue charges against the man. 

The man was later found and arrested and is now awaiting arraignment. Once arraigned, his name will be released, Browne said. 

He is facing three charges – disorderly conduct, malicious destruction of personal property, and/or indecent exposure. 

The damage to property is estimated at $100, Browne said. 

The MPPD is in contact with the man’s hired attorney and have one more person to interview before the man is arraigned.

The following incidents were reported to the MPPD:

March 19

A cab driver for Stargazer Transportation LLC was taken into custody for operating under the influence of drugs, Browne said. An officer watched as the 34-year-old Mount Pleasant male driver drove through a parking lot at a high rate of speed and failed to come to a complete stop before driving onto the road. The officer stopped the vehicle and the driver appeared to be under the influence of an unknown intoxicant, Browne said. He failed field sobriety tests and was taken to the hospital where a blood test was taken to identify the intoxicant. He did have a passenger at the time.

A 17-year-old female was charged with resisting and obstructing arrest after pulling away from an officer who was trying to take her into custody for the possession of marijuana. She had been brought in after her principal at Mount Pleasant High School searched a bag and found marijuana.

A 30-year-old Mount Pleasant male was charged with hit and run and operating under the influence after he drove through a grassy field behind Dolphin Coin into the Jamestown Apartments parking lot, where he hit several parked vehicles. He continued to drive on Broomfield Street, and officers stopped the man in the industrial park, where they conducted field sobriety tests. The man blew a .16 preliminary breath test and was arrested. 

March 21

A 20-year-old Harrison woman received her second minor in possession offense at Wayside Central after police observed her and three men drinking in a parked vehicle.

A driver with a suspended license attempted to switch seats with a passenger after being stopped by an officer for tinted windows, and not having a registration light. The smell of marijuana led the officer to find a glass jar containing several grams of marijuana. Only the driver was arrested, for operating under the influence.