Amy Roloff, alumna, star of 'Little People, Big World' to speak at Plachta Auditorium Sept. 27

amyjroloff-2017

Courtesy Photo | Amyjroloff.com

Central Michigan University is getting ready to welcome back Amy Roloff. The alumna will speak at 7 p.m. Sept. 27 in Plachta Auditorium, a free event organized by Program Board. 

Roloff is a star from the TLC reality show “Little People, Big World.” The program follows Roloff through her day-to-day life alongside her family and four children and the difficulties surrounding her experience of achondroplasia dwarfism. During her lecture, Roloff will speak about her early life, her time at CMU and life after graduation.. 

Not only has Roloff been interviewed on several talk shows such as “Oprah” and “The View,” but she is also an author and started a charity, “The Amy Roloff Charity Foundation,” that aims to help families in need.

Harrison Watts, Program Board lecture director, wanted to bring Roloff to campus to show people that CMU students can be successful even when faced with incredible challenges. 

“I want people to see that CMU is capable of more than what they think,” Watts said. 

After Roloff's speech, there will be a short meet and greet beginning at 8 p.m. in Plachta Auditorium where attendees can talk to Roloff.