RedBloom Yoga to host third annual clothing swap

redbloom2
RedBloom Yoga Center for Community Outreach owner Kris Batzner teaches a yoga class on Oct. 20 at RedBloom in downtown Mount Pleasant.

Putting a twist on hand-me-downs and second-hand shopping, RedBloom Yoga is hosting their third annual clothing swap from Noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 23.

The yoga shop is located in downtown Mount Pleasant at 206 W. Michigan St. 

Owner of RedBloom Yoga, Kris Batzner, had the idea to do a community clothes swap in 2016 after several of her friends began hosting them within their homes. 

“I always ended up having to miss theirs, so I decided to host one of my own that would also benefit the community," said Batzner. “This way I can’t miss it because I have to be there.”

Participating locals are to bring their gently used clothes, shoes, and bags to share and trade among others. For those who aren’t looking for a new wardrobe but would still like to donate, they can drop their clothes off at 11:30 a.m. before the event begins. 

All those partaking in the clothing swap are encouraged to bring a yoga blanket to place their trading clothes on and a unique bag to place their chosen clothes in. This way it is easy to tell which clothes are taken and which are not. 

RedBloom Yoga will be providing light snacks, however, participating members can bring snacks to share also, if they chose to. 

Once the clothing swap has ended, participants will have new wardrobe pieces, and all leftover clothing will be donated to local shelters and charities including Women’s Aid and Clothing Closet. 

“This event is so important to me because RedBloom is all about creating and supporting the community,” said Batzner. “Experimenting with my wardrobe is just an added bonus.”