CMU Physicians Assistant program to host 5k fundraiser

cmlife

Enjoy fresh air, exercise and relish tasty treats while supporting the Central Michigan University Physicians Assistants during their "5K Fall Run for Doughnuts and Cider" fundraiser.

Hosted by the CMU PA program, proceeds from the race on Saturday, Nov. 3 will help fund the class of 2020's participation in professional and educational conferences at state and national levels, as well as in community outreach events and charities. 

The race route will take participants across CMU's campus, with the start and finish line stationed at the College of Medicine and Health Professions building located on northeast campus. 

If running with friends and helping fellow students with their education isn't enough to get you to register, there will be another incentive at the finish line – cider and doughnuts. 

These fall treats will be provided at the end of the race for all of runners and walkers as refreshment. The doughnuts will be provided by Ignite Donuts, a small student-run doughnut bakery that launched in September. 

For those interested in participating, early registration is already open and will be until Friday, Nov. 2. Early registration costs $20 per runner however, ticket prices will increase to $25 per runner on the day of the race. 

Registration forms can be filled out at any time and turned into the PA Office, room 1222 in the Health Professions building. 

Day-of registration will open at 8:30 a.m. at the Health Professions building, before the race starts at 9 a.m.