Threatening note found in residence hall, CMU police investigating

48375995_372998096779968_169053679456878592_o
Courtesy Photo | Facebook A photo of the threatening note sophomore and Resident Assistant Jace Parker recieved Wednesday.

A threatening note was found in Robinson Hall Wednesday.

The note was addressed to sophomore and Resident Assistant Jace Parker, who was the target of a hate incident just two weeks earlier when someone wrote "piece of shit transie RA" on the whiteboard outside his room.

Around 7 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, Parker posted about the incident on his Facebook page. 

Courtesy Photo | Facebook A Facebook post from Jace Parker regarding the threatening note he received Wednesday.

This time, Parker found a note in a small pouch designated for residents to share events they were in, something they accomplished or positive experiences they had. He said the note was folded very tightly with two paperclips and a safety pin through it. On the outside was written "Jace" followed by two hearts. When his girlfriend unfolded it, they saw many negative words including "fake," "tranny," and "die."

In his post, he said the CMU Police Department and CMU have been showing support and taking positive action. He was able to get a new student ID card with his name on it, rather than the name on his birth certificate, to prevent being outed as transgender every time he uses his ID.

Robinson and Barnes Residence Hall Director, Luanne Goffnett said she cannot comment on the matter as it is an open police investigation.

Courtesy Photo | Rob Linsley A screenshot of an email sent to Robinson and Barnes residents on Dec. 6 by Residence Hall Director Luanne Goffnett.

In an email to Robinson and Barnes residents on Dec. 6, Goffnett informed students of the hate incident.  

The other incident Goffnett referred to in her email was a transphobic message written on a whiteboard outside Parker's dorm room on Nov. 21.

Goffnett warned residents there was an ongoing police investigation, and asked students with any information about these incidents to contact her or the CMU Police Department.

CMUPD Lt. Cameron Wassman said police are actively investigating the incident. Because it is an open investigation, Wassman was unable to confirm details concerning the time, date and location of the incident.

Wassman said there is no immediate threat to the campus community.

This is a developing story. More information will be added as it becomes available.