Frost earns third-straight MAC West Player of the Week award

rusco_ball-4

Junior forward Reyna Frost looks for a pass during the game against Oregon on March 24 at Spokane Arena.

Most players go through their entire career without ever earning a weekly conference award.

Central Michigan senior forward Reyna Frost has done it in three-straight weeks, taking home yet another Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week honor.

In CMU's conference opener on Jan. 5, she posted a career-high 31 points and 10 rebounds for her 11th double-double of the 2018-19 season. With the 94-71 home victory over Akron, the Chippewas improved to 10-3 on the season.

During the game, Frost became the all-time career rebounding leader in MAC history, passing Ohio's Caroline Mast. She pulled down 1,223 rebounds from 1983-86.

"If you talk about Frosty, you talk about her humbleness and how she's such a hard-working player," said CMU coach Sue Guevara. "She works just as hard in the classroom. She understands what her weaknesses are and makes those her strengths."

Frost averages 18.0 points, 11.1 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.0 steals and 1.1 blocks per game for the Chippewas. She's made 53.4 percent from the field, 48.7 percent from 3-point range and 80.6 percent from the free throw line.

The 6-foot forward currently has 1,231 career rebounds.

"She's not even done yet," Guevara added.