Central Review accepting literary submissions until March 22

19293_logot

Update: This story has been updated to include the location of the live-read event for the Spring 2018 journal, which will take place at 6:30 p.m. April 12 in the Charles V. Park Library Auditorium.

Central Review, a literary journal at Central Michigan University, is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2019 literary journal until March 22.

A winner will be selected in each of the following categories: prose, poetry and visual art. 

For the prose category, students may submit up to three short stories, each of which are allowed a 1,000-word limit. Students may submit up to three poetry pieces, and 3-5 visual art pieces, which may include photos and painting. 

After the deadline, a team of six editors will meet to choose and edit a selection of essays. 

All submissions can be sent via email to cmucentralreview@gmail.com.

"Our editorial staff is very excited to begin receiving submissions for this semester's edition of Central Review," said Trenton senior Jordan Price, editor-in-chief of the Central Review. "Central Review is a great opportunity for CMU undergrad students to have a chance for their poetry, prose and visual art to be published in our journal and displayed at our reading event."

Central Review is edited and produced once per academic semester by Student Publications under the direction of the Student Publication Board of Directors.

Once the winners are selected, there will be an event featuring the winners and top selections at 6:30 p.m. April 12 in the Charles V. Park Library Auditorium.

For more information about Central Review, visit the journal's Facebook page at The Central Review