New CHP associate dean search announced after previous failed search
Tom Masterson, dean of the Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions, announced a new search for the associate dean of the college.
CHP conducted a search last year for a new associate dean, which failed after two final candidates came to campus for interviews but neither were selected for the position.
The previous search was based on finding an associate dean who would focus on the college's research agenda, Masterson said. However, this year's search will aim to find a candidate who is more focused on enrollment management, student recruitment and the daily operations of the college.
The job listing, which was posted on March 26, states that in addition to reporting to the college's dean, the associate dean will work with program directors, department/school chairpersons and other college leadership team members.
The search is being led by a 14-person search committee, which will be chaired by Concha Allen, faculty member in the department of marketing and hospitality services administration.
Masterson said that the committee plans to start reviewing candidates at the end of April.
Along with Allen, the search committee includes:
- Carrie Appold, CHP manager of business services
- Dan Ballou, physical education and sport faculty
- Jeff Betts, School of Health Sciences chairperson
- Leslie Hildebrandt, human environmental studies faculty
- Joseph Inungu, School of Health Sciences faculty
- Barbara Jackson, communication sciences and disorders faculty
- John Lopes, physician assistant program faculty
- Stephanie Richards, communication sciences and disorders faculty
- Naveen Sharma, School of Health Sciences faculty
- Kristen Skiver, human resources consultant
- Ksenia Ustinova, physical therapy program faculty
- Emily Webster, School of Rehabilitation and Medical Sciences faculty
- Dimitrios Zikos, health administration faculty