Marcy Taylor appointed as associate dean of College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences

19293_logot

Central Michigan University Provost Michael Gealt appointed Marcy Taylor as the associate dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, effective immediately.

CMU held an internal search with a search committee of faculty and staff throughout the college. Taylor was interviewed by the committee and CLASS dean Richard Rothaus, who recommended her to the provost.

After serving as interim associate dean, Taylor will continue to serve as associate to Rothaus to work with operations of the office and leadership.

“(Rothaus) brings a lot of energy and expertise to CMU, and CLASS is lucky to have him,” Taylor said. “We make a good team.”

Taylor started working at CMU in 1996 as an English language and literature assistant professor. In 2012, she was hired as the CLASS assistant dean to provide support for special committees and projects. After associate dean Tim Hall left in 2016, Taylor was named the interim associate dean.

“I have six years of experience working in the dean’s office, so I was pretty confident that I would be a good choice,” Taylor said.

Taylor said she is most excited to follow through on the initiatives she has worked on for the last three years, including curricular changes, enrollment management, Critical Engagements and other strategic priorities to give students the best possible experience.

“I think all of us in the university are really focused on enrollment,” Taylor said. “We have a new dean, and a strong group of chairs and directors in the college, who are all working together to work through these big changes. I think my 23 years of experience at CMU will help me contribute.”