New Five Guys location chosen

fiveguys-1-of-1
Signs have already been put up at the new Five Guys location at 1620 South Mission St. in Mount Pleasant. BAC Holdings LLC plans to open the location sometime in October.

Five Guys, a popular fast food burger chain, announced the address of its upcoming location in Mount Pleasant.

According to a social media representative for Five Guys, the new location will be at 1620 South Mission St., near Insomnia Cookies and Pita Pit. The representative said the target opening date is sometime in October. 

BAC Holdings LLC, which runs more than 30 Five Guys locations in Michigan and Illinois, will be franchising the location.

On May 4, Five Guys Burger and Fries - Michigan posted a video on Facebook announcing the new location. At that time, the company said the location would be somewhere on Mission Street.

The video received 39,000 views and hundreds of shares. 

The announcement came after a lot of buzz in January when the Facebook page inquired about where residents wanted a Five Guys in the city.  Most said either Mission Street or Pickard Road.

Five Guys is an American restaurant chain that opened in Arlington, Virginia in 1986, according to its website. The chain has over 1,500 locations around the world and specializes in hamburgers, fries and milkshakes.  The French Fries are fried in 100% pure peanut oil and the burgers are completely customizable.