President Davies announces organizational changes, new strategies

President Bob Davies stresses the importance of excellence and innovation during the President's Report at the Board of Trustees meeting June 27 in the President's Conference Room. 

Central Michigan University President Bob Davies has announced future organizational changes, including four leadership role changes.

The changes will confront concerns of declining student enrollment, Davies said. The adjustment will also address marketing and branding objectives.

u201cWe are adjusting our organizational structure to help the university meet the changing needs of our global society and the needs of the student we serve,u201d the president told CMU News,

The new roles announced by Davies include:

The former vice president of enrollment and student services will become two separate roles: a vice president of student recruitment and retention and a vice president of student affairs.

A vice president of university communications and chief marketing office will replace the position of vice president of university communications.

CMU plans to eliminate the vacant position of associate vice president of advancement while it searches for a new vice president of advancement.

An assistant vice president position will replace the position of executive director of Office of Civil Rights and Institutional Equity. The appointed individual will report directly to the president.

The university plans to employ these strategies to further assist all future and current student, Davies said. These changes will not increase the number of senior level positions, he said.