Newly-appointed EHS dean to retire, search committee chosen
Betty Kirby, newly-appointed dean of the College of Education and Human Services announced Aug. 26 that she will retire June 30, 2020.
The news came six days after the university announced her appointment as dean of EHS.
Kirby served as interim dean since July 1, 2018 after former dean Dale-Elizabeth Pehrsson was appointed president of Clarion University of Pennsylvania.
Jane Davison, acting dean of the College of Science and Engineering, will chair an 11-member search committee.
Members of the committee include:
- Jeff Angera, human development and family students faculty member
- Allison Arnekrans, counseling and special education faculty member
- Cali Clark, human resources representative
- Shay Dawson, recreation, parks and leisure services administration faculty member
- Kathryn Dirkin, teacher education and professional development department chair
- Tanya Domina, fashion, interior design and merchandising department chair
- Jon Humiston, executive assistant to the provost
- Jennifer Palacios-Wirz Klemm, assistant director of planning and research at the CEHS Center for Student Services
- Sarah Marshall, educational leadership faculty member
- Kaleb Patrick, interim director of the master of science administration (MSA) program
The search firm Storbeck/Pimentel and Associates is holding a forum from 2-2:50 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29 in EHS room 328 to collect input from the campus community. Those who cannot attend may send feedback to Humiston at firstname.lastname@example.org.