Antonio Brown returns to CMU as a student? University administrators won't confirm

Former Central Michigan wide receiver Antonio Brown greets fans at Kelly/Shorts Stadium during CMU's Spring Game on April 21. 

UPDATE: Antonio Brown officially returns to Central Michigan as student, CMU confirms

Antonio Brown is enrolled at Central Michigan University?

The former Chippewa wide receiver claims he is taking four classes that account for 12 credits, according to a post on Instagram. All courses are online.

Brown left CMU in 2009 before he earned a Bachelor's degree. 

CMU registrar Keith Malkowski refused to provide Central Michigan Life directory information about Brown. Malkowski said any inquiries about the former NFL star had to come from University Communications. Basic directory information is available to anyone through FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act).

Brown showed on his Instagram story that he is enrolled for the Fall 2019 semester. He's taking Introduction to Management (MGT 312), Technical Writing (ENG 303WI), Death and Dying (REL 334WI) and Racism and Inequality (SOC 323).

Brown was a student-athlete at CMU from 2007-09, but he left school early to enter the 2010 NFL Draft. He was selected in the sixth round (195th overall) by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since he left early, Brown did not graduate.

Brown does not have any NCAA eligibility remaining since he signed a professional contract. Because two of his classes began Sept. 16, he would've had to be enrolled at the university by the Monday before he was cut by the Patriots.

Here is Antonio Brown's Instagram story post, showing that he is taking multiple online classes.

After Brown's fallout with the Steelers, Oakland Raiders and New England Patriots, he announced he wouldn't ever again play in the NFL. He was cut by the Patriots on Friday and was dropped by Nike a few days earlier amidst multiple allegations of sexual misconduct, including rape of former CMU gymnast Brittney Taylor in 2017 and 2018.

Prior to the 2019 season, Brown donated six heated benches worth $105,000 to the football program.

The benches have his college number (No. 27) and number he wore with the Pittsburgh Steelers and Oakland Raiders (No. 84) on opposite ends. In the top left corner, there's writing in gold text – "Boomin."

The Chippewas also have multiple photos of Brown throughout their facilities, and he even appears on the scoreboard before home games at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Due to the reported incidents surrounding Brown and Taylor, two former athletes, the university released a statement.

“We’re aware of the media coverage about incidents that reportedly occurred in another state after both parties left CMU’s campus. Thus, it would be inappropriate for us to comment.

“Central Michigan University takes seriously and investigates all known allegations of sexual assault and misconduct. Central is a leading university in raising awareness and prevention of sexual assault, and it provides students, faculty and staff with a variety of resources and counseling services.

“The benches are a one-time gift from Mr. Brown to the football program. Their continued use by the football team will be evaluated as the facts and circumstances of Mr. Brown’s civil litigation warrant.”

Here are the classes Brown claims he is taking at CMU: