Four EHS Dean finalists to visit campus

donna-breault
Donna Beault, dean of the Dwight Schar College of Education at Ashland University. (Courtesy Photo | Ashland University)

Central Michigan University's College of Education and Human Services has been searching for a new dean since the current dean Betty Kirby announced her plan to retire in June 2020.

The 11-member search committee narrowed the pool down to four final candidates, who will be visiting campus over two weeks. The candidates will each hold a forum to introduce themselves to the CMU community.

Marius Boboc, vice provost for academic planning at Cleveland State University. (Courtesy Photo | LinkedIn)

Donna Breault is the current dean of the Dwight Schar College of Education at Ashland University in Ohio. Her forum will be at 1 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2 in EHS Room 230. Breault has a bachelor’s and master’s degree in early childhood education and a doctorate in curriculum and instruction.

Marius Boboc is the vice provost for academic planning at Cleveland State University in Ohio. His forum will take place at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 6 in EHS Room 118. Boboc holds a doctorate in curriculum and instruction. He also has a master’s degree in teacher leadership and bachelor’s degrees in English and accounting. 

James Tarr, chair and associate director of the department of learning, teaching and curriculum at the University of Missouri in Columbia. (Courtesy Photo | University of Missouri)

James Tarr is the associate director and chair of the department of learning, teaching and curriculum at the University of Missouri in Columbia. He will be speaking in a forum at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10 in EHS Room 118. Tarr has a doctorate in mathematics education, a master’s degree in education psychology and measurement, and a bachelor’s degree and teacher licensure in mathematical sciences.

Paula Lancaster, co-principal investigator for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation's Battle Creek Transformation Project and director of teacher education at Grand Valley State University. (Courtesy Photo | Grand Valley State University)

Paula Lancaster will speak at the final candidate forum at 1 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 12 in EHS Room 118. Lancaster is the co-principal investigator for the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s Battle Creek Transformation Project and director of teacher education in Grand Valley State University’s College of Education, as well as the inaugural chair of GVSU’s department of teaching and learning. She has a doctorate in special education, a master’s degree in education and a bachelor’s degree in special education.

All forums are open to the public.