University Art Gallery opens new exhibition, "Guns: Loaded Conversations" Jan. 15

screen-shot-2020-01-10-at-3-50-55-pm
Courtesy Photo | University Art Gallery

The Central Michigan University Art Gallery is opening a new exhibit this semester, titled, "Guns: Loaded Conversations."

The gallery is hosting a reception from 4-6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 15 in the University Art Gallery, located on the corner of Franklin Street and Preston Street. 

The exhibit will feature quilt art created by national and international artists. The Studio Art Quilt Associates organized the collection and presented it to audiences in 2019 in San Jose, California and Lowell, Massachusetts. 

SAQA is an international non-profit that promotes art quilts and the artists who create them. Its website serves as a resource for artists and historians, documenting the art quilt movement through catalogs and portfolio series. 

SAQA encourages viewers with opposing opinions to be united by art and engage in productive conversation.

The University Art Gallery consistently displays work by established artists while also serving as a laboratory/classroom for students.

The quilt collection will be on display until Feb. 8. The University Art Gallery is open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.