Central Michigan Life earns seventh-straight College Media Company of the Year
It was a busy weekend for Central Michigan Life staff members who collected numerous national student media awards.
Central Michigan Life was named College Media Company of the Year for the seventh-straight year by the College Media and Business Advertising Managers at the Associated Collegiate Press/CMBAM College Journalism Convention in San Francisco, California.
The award came along with a total of 10 first-place awards, nine second-place awards, four third-place awards and two honorable mentions. In total, CM Life collected 29 awards at the national convention, which took place Feb. 27 to Feb. 29.
“I am over-the-moon ecstatic for this staff,” Advertising Manager and Saline senior Lauren Frailey said. “I am so proud of our entire team, so grateful for (Assistant Director) Kathy (Simon,) and the experiences we’ve gotten from CM Life.”
Central Michigan Life’s website was named First Place in the ACP Best of Show competition, along with one other first place award for video advertisement, and two second place awards for newspaper and print advertisement, respectively.
Simon was honored with the Joanne Daughtee Award, which is given to advisers in student media who exemplify excellence in student media advising.
“This is someone who truly models what student media should be,” CMBAM President Tami Cindea Bongiorni said of Simon. “It’s the adviser that only looks out for her students. It’s someone that always told me that life is a journey, and that we should enjoy every single minute of it.”
Here is a full list of the awards:
- First Place, Seventh-straight College Media Company of the Year
- First Place, Sales Representative of the Year, Connor Turpin
- First Place, Best Sales Inventive Program
- First Place, Best Training Program
- First Place, In-person Pitch-off Competition
- First Place, Best Digital Self-Promotion Ad
- First Place, Best College Media Sales Program
- First Place, Best Social Media Promotion
- First Place, Best Display Ad – Quarter Page or Smaller
- First Place, Best Digital Sales Strategy
- Second Place, Best Self Promotional Video Ad
- Second Place, Best Self-Branded Promotional Giveaway
- Second Place, Best Sponsored Content or Native Advertising
- Second Place, Best Self-Marketing or Promotional Plan
- Second Place, Best Self Promotional Website
- Second Place, Best Sales Strategy of a Special Section
- Second Place, Best Sales Promotion Materials
- Second Place, Best innovative idea
- Second Place, Best College Multimedia Program
- Third Place, Best Self-Promotion Multimedia Ad Campaign
- Third Place, Best College Media PR/Marketing Program
- Third Place, Best Video Ad or Underwriting Spot
- Third Place, Best Cross Platform Social Media Campaign
- Honorable Mention, Best Social Media Promotion
- Honorable Mention, Best Sales Pitch or Proposal