City buildings close, more events canceled due to coronavirus spread
The City of Mount Pleasant has announced building closures and more event cancellations to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
City buildings such as City Hall and the Public Safety building will be closed to the public, according to a blog update. However, city staff will be able to provide services over the phone, email and online. Services that cannot be addressed over those mediums will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
Mount Pleasant Municipal Airport will conduct its normal operations, according to the blog update.
In a previous blog update, Mount Pleasant events were canceled due to the virus spread. With new CDC guidelines, however, more city-sponsored events have been canceled. These new cancellations are:
- An April 9 census event at Central Michigan University.
- Youth Soccer Program (registration refunds will be issued).
- Start Smart Program (registration refunds will be issued).
- Master Plan Open Houses on April 23.
- Youth Tee Ball (registration refunds will be issued).
- May 7 Farmers’ Market.