New Chippewa receiver commit Chris Parker eager to get on campus

0c19fc2b-af61-442c-b21e-28fa6986c726
Chris Parker (photo courtesy: 247Sports)

When it came down to it, Chris Parker wanted to choose a school that felt like home. It just so happened that the school that felt the most comforting was the first to give him an offer. 

On Monday night, Parker announced his commitment to Central Michigan, becoming the fifth recruit to pick Central Michigan during the 2021 cycle and the second in as many days. The Saginaw native also held offers from Army, Miami (Ohio), Youngstown State and Division II Saginaw Valley State.

"Ever since my first visit to them for junior day, they were consistent," Parker said. "They really made me feel like family. Every day, a new coach would text me. They made me feel more comfortable."

Parker currently attends Heritage High School, where the Hawks went 4-5 a season ago. While he remains optimistic about his final high school season, Parker is eager to get on campus in Mount Pleasant in the fall of 2021. 

"I wish I was a senior right now," Parker said, "just to get up there and be there." 

He's also excited to get into a crowded receiving room and compete for playing time with the likes of Kalil Pimpleton, who will be a senior in 2021, Bailey Edwards, Keonta Nixon and others. 

"(I'm going to bring) the willingness to work and get better," Parker said. "I believe in my natural abilities, but I'm going to do whatever it takes to help the team win." 

He's currently listed at 6-foot-2, putting him among the taller options out wide for the Chippewas. His size and wiry frame projects him as a red zone threat who can go up and get 50-50 balls, much like current Chippewa senior JaCorey Sullivan. He's the second receiver to commit to the Chippewas, joining Eric Reese, who committed on Sunday

Central Michigan's 2021 class currently includes:

Macomb Dakota High School 3-star RB/S DJ Stepney
Cincinnati (Ohio) Northwest High School 3-star ILB Diego Neri
Macomb Dakota High School WR/CB Eric Reese
Saginaw Heritage High School WR Chris Parker
Akron (Ohio) East High School S DeAnthony Becton
Ypsilanti Lincoln High School OG Trevor Jones