Burning Questions: Meet field hockey sophomore Paulina Lee

Sophomore Paulina Lee is a mid-fielder for the Field Hockey team. Lee tied for the team’s fourth ranked scorer last season, but she feels she also could be a soccer player.

Jake Lougheed: Do you have any pregame rituals? Paulina Lee: Not really, nothing quirky at all. My thing is when I am walking over to our games, I listen to my iPod and pump my music. Then, when I get into the locker room, we are dancing and singing and playing lots of loud music. Then, from there, I switch to pretty much focusing and warming up ... making sure I am getting low to the ground and getting everything done that I need to be doing.

JL: You mentioned your iPod. What is your number one pump-up song? PL: I have no idea. I don’t have a specific song. I just play (about) thirty seconds of a bunch of different songs from techno to rap to really girly pop.

JL: Other than field hockey, what do you like to do? PL: There isn’t very much of it. I like to sleep and eat but, other than that, I am in Alpha Kappa Psi, which I just joined this past spring. So I am pretty involved with that, which really helps with me business-wise with my major.

JL: What are your plans for after you leave CMU? PL: That’s a good question (laughs). I am not really too sure at this moment. I was going to go into hospitality, and I did my internship this summer up north at Boyne Resort. Now, I am just going to be marketing or advertising so, now, I think it will be cool to do marketing for a big sports brand like Nike, Under Armour or Puma.

JL: With which of those brands do you tie yourself to? PL: Nike is number one, and number two would be Under Armour. I am mad that we switched our stuff to Adidas because all our stuff this past year was Under Armour, so we can’t wear it anymore.

JL: I know that you haven’t been here very long, being a sophomore, but what has been your favorite class at CMU so far? PL: I would have to say my TAI 170 (Fundamentals of Interpretative Reading) because I had four other teammates in that class with me, and I met a lot of other people in that class. It gave us a chance to relax and have fun, it was a night class and I got a (University Program course) out of the way, so it was fun.

JL: What are your favorite Web pages and how many times do you get on them on average? PL: My home page is CNN, because I feel like I live in a bubble in college, and that is my way to see what is going on in the world. Then, there is obviously Facebook, but I am not constantly on Facebook. Honestly, I only turn my computer on a couple days a week. Otherwise, I am just on a computer at the computer lab to print things out.

JL: So you would not consider yourself a “Facebook stalker?” PL: If I am really bored, then yeah, I will be (laughs). I just get bored with Facebook. I mean, I reply to the wall posts and I add photos if I feel like it but, after that, I’m done.