Mount Pleasant High School was part of the Homecoming Parade, meant a lot to high school students

As a Mount Pleasant High School parent and mother of one of the homecoming attendants, I would like to extend my sincerest thanks to Keith Voeks, director of University Events; Tony Voisin, director of Student Life; the Central Michigan University Homecoming Parade Committee; and CMU, for graciously allowing the MPHS homecoming court and floats to participate in CMU’s homecoming parade last Saturday.

Unfortunately, due to the inclement weather last Friday, MPHS had to cancel its homecoming parade. The students were very disappointed, but none more than the seniors on the homecoming court. Following some phone calls late on Friday afternoon, Keith, Tony, the CMU Homecoming Parade Committee and CMU welcomed the MPHS court and floats into CMU’s parade.

One of CMU’s institutional priorities is to “provide service for the public good.” Allowing MPHS’ homecoming court and floats to participate in CMU’s homecoming parade last Saturday was another example of CMU being a “good neighbor.”

Watching the look on my daughter’s face on Saturday morning was certainly gratifying, but it was the beaming faces of all those on the court, especially the seniors, that really showed how special CMU made their day.

Smiling students was our goal and it was achieved because of outstanding CMU employees carrying out the university mission of service. The parents and students of MPHS are extremely grateful.

All I can say is thank you, Keith. Thank you, Tony. Thank you, CMU Homecoming Parade Committee.

And thank you, CMU.

Lisa Boyd-Devers, Mt. Pleasant resident