LETTER: Cotter ready to get to work for 99th District

Editor’s note: To send a letter to the editor, e-mail voices@cm-life.com.

As I write this, just under a week has passed since Election Day and just as the campaign was, the days since last Tuesday have been a whirlwind adventure.

First, I want to thank every single person that hosted a sign, joined us at parades and events, made a financial contribution or simply put their trust in me with the power of their vote. To each and every one of you, please know that this journey would not have been possible without you.

Together, our grassroots team worked to share the campaign’s message with voters and I think we made it clear that now is the time to shake up Lansing, get government out of the way and get Michigan working again!

Now the real work begins. Sunday was my first day in Lansing for our Freshman Legislator Orientation. It was my first time meeting many of my new colleagues, and I am sure the next few days will be filled with incredible amounts of useful information.

While my first official day of work isn’t until January, I will be working hard to prepare every day until then. After just my first day, ideas have already begun to flow amongst our freshman class on how to conquer the incredible task ahead of us.

I look forward to sharing more with you as time goes on, and please know I will always have an open door to our constituents and if you have any ideas, comments or concerns before I take office, or after I am officially sworn in as a state representative, please know I am always available!

Again, thank you for the trust you have put in me to serve in the 96th Legislature of the State of Michigan. The tasks ahead of us are incredible, but I know the end result will be just as amazing.

Kevin Cotter

State Representative-elect, 99th District