ALERT: Students must pick up tickets for Sunday's dual wrestling-gymnastics event at McGuirk Arena

Central Michigan University students looking to attend this weekend's dual wrestling-gymnastics event at McGuirk Arena must pick up a ticket first.

The CMU athletics department announced Monday that, because of an anticipated sellout, students must have tickets for Sunday's Royal Rumble & Tumble event. The arena floor will be split in half as CMU wrestling faces Old Dominion and the gymnastics team squares off against Northern Illinois in its first home meet of the season.

Approximately 2,000 tickets have already been sold. The new seating configuration, without bleachers on both sides of the floor, will reduce seating capacity.

Students can pick up tickets from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. through Friday at Ticket Central, located in the glass atrium of the Events Center.

The wrestling team, at 4-7, is coming off a 19-18 win against Michigan State on Friday, while gymnastics is 7-0 overall and 1-0 in the Mid-American Conference.

This is the second time the athletics department has required students to pick up tickets in advance. Approximately 1,800 tickets were given out to students for the Dec. 1 men's basketball game against Temple, the first event in the new facility.